Amanda "Amy" Matthews is the Know-it-All mother of Eric, Cory, Morgan and Joshua. She has married Alan at the age of 20, and is still happily married. She is probably the calmest family member and always offers advice to her husband and children. Amy often has to have talks with Alan, due to the fact that he is very impulsive, and often says things he does not mean. She is generally a very understanding and nice person who only wants the best for her children. Throughout the series, it has become noticeable that she has a closer relationship with Cory and is firmer with Eric, while Alan is closer to Eric and is tougher on Cory.
Spouse: Alan Matthews
Children: Eric Matthews (son), Cory Matthews (son), Morgan Matthews (daughter), and Joshua Matthews (son)
Grandchildren: Riley Matthews (granddaughter), and Louis Matthews (grandson)
- Married Alan at the age of 20.
- Worked in either the real estate business or the art dealing business, although later she seems to be a homemaker (this is considered a continuity error.)
- In A Long Walk to Pittsburgh Amy wasn't upset about Topanga moving to Pittsburgh because she told Cory that with Topanga gone he could meet other girls and expand his horizons.
- Openly did not support Topanga's decision to go to Pennbrook (with Cory) instead of Yale
- Joined Eric's Creative Writing class at Pennbrook in How to Succeed in Business, although she is never seen taking that (or any) course again.
- Became pregnant with Joshua in Prom-ises, Prom-ises
- Had Joshua in My Baby Valentine, although he was very ill and it looked like he wouldn't make it. Joshua lived and got better in Resurrection
- Silently sided with Alan when he and Cory feuded over a place to live in season 7.
- Stayed behind in Philadelphia when her 2 oldest sons went to New York City.
- Natasha (I Was a Teenage Spy)
- WWII Amy (No Guts, No Cory)
- Ella Fitzgerald-Kennedy (As Time Goes By)
- Siobhan (Prom-ises, Prom-ises)
|Cory Matthews • Shawn Hunter • Topanga Lawrence • Eric Matthews • Jack Hunter • Angela Moore • Rachel McGuire • George Feeny • Alan Matthews • Amy Matthews • Morgan Matthews • Jonathan Turner • Eli Williams • Stuart Minkus|
- Favorite color is Red
- favorite food is Spaghetti