|“|| Chet: I need a favor. My wife, Virna, she's she's out there, and my heart's out there with her. Not to mention my wallet and major credit cards. But she is my wife and go after her I must.|
Alan: And the favor?
Chet: Take care of my boy. Now you don't have to answer right now. Well, yes, you do.
Cory: Stay here? That would be great.
Shawn: Dad, why can't I just come with you?
Chet: Oh, come on. The road's no place for a boy. Especially with your mama out there driving on it. Nah, your place is here. In school, with Teach over there. In this house, in the company of these fine people. No pressure.
|Season 2, Episode 22|
May 12, 1995
"Career Day" is the twenty-second episode of season two of Boy Meets World, and the 44th episode overall. It first aired on May 12, 1995. The episode was written by Matthew Nelson and directed by David Trainer.
During the annual "Career Day" at John Adams High, grocery store manager Alan quickly establishes his role as "the most boring parent there". He must compete with Topanga's guitar-making father and Shawn's entrepreneurial father. However, Cory eventually comes to realize that his occupation is only half of what Alan does for a living.
- Ben Savage as Cory Matthews
- Danielle Fishel as Topanga Lawrence
- Will Friedle as Eric Matthews
- Rider Strong as Shawn Hunter
- Anthony Tyler Quinn as Jonathan Turner
- William Daniels as George Feeny
- Betsy Randle as Amy Matthews
- Lily Nicksay as Morgan Matthews
- William Russ as Alan Matthews
- Chet Hunter: I'm telling you, man. I got business here.
- George Feeny: Listen, I'm not gonna say this again. If you're not faculty or staff, you have no business on this campus!
- Chet Hunter: Hey, leave me alone, pal. I'm George Feeny. I'm the principal of this here high school!
- George Feeny: And you're not George Feeny!
- Chet Hunter: I'm parked in this spot, ain't I?
- Shawn Hunter: Mr. Feeny, I can explain.
- George Feeny: Please do.
- Chet Hunter: Go ahead. Uh, you're Feeny, too?
- George Feeny: I'm Feeny one.