|Joshua Gabriel Matthews|
Joshua "Josh" Gabriel Matthews is the third son of Alan and Amy Matthews. He was born with complications and after a lot of touch and go, baby Josh recovers and goes home with his parents. He's aged up in the series finale (played by Daniel Jacobs, son of executive producer Michael) and gets some knowledge imparted onto him by his older brother, Cory.
Mother: Amy Matthews
Father: Alan Matthews
Siblings: Eric Matthews (brother), Cory Matthews (brother), and Morgan Matthews (sister)
Grandmothers: Bernice Matthews (paternal) and Nana Boo Boo (maternal)
Aunts: An unnamed paternal aunt.
Friends: Maya Hart, Lucas Friar, Farkle Minkus, and Zay Babineaux
- Amy becomes pregnant with Joshua in Prom-ises, Prom-ises
- Joshua is born in My Baby Valentine
- There are complications involving a respiratory infection, but Joshua pulls through in Resurrection
- Eric pretends to be Joshua's father to get a girl in The Truth About Honesty
- Cory talks to Joshua about his future in Brave New World
- Joshua is only portrayed by Daniel Jacobs in Brave New World, otherwise he is portrayed by various babies.
- Daniel Jacobs' appearance as Joshua in Brave New World severely alters the continuity of the show, as he should be much younger. This is a continuity error.
- Joshua has a recurring role in the sequel series Girl Meets World, appearing as a teenager who has a close relationship with his older brother Cory and niece Riley. He's played by a Uriah Shelton in Girl Meets World. He also becomes a love interest for Maya Hart.