"Morgan: Mommy, if my dolly is cold, can I put her in the toaster oven?
Amy: No, honey, that would be a mistake.
Morgan: I made a mistake.
- — Morgan/Amy
Morgan Matthews is the younger sister of Cory and Eric, the older sister of Joshua, and the only daughter to Amy and Alan. Mainly used for comedic purposes, the character of Morgan is usually annoying to Cory, and seems closer to Eric. She was initially played by Lily Nicksay but this was later changed, due to unknown purposes. Throughout the series, it becomes clear that Morgan is a good singer, as shown in Better than Average Cory and Shallow Boy. Morgan was called Weasel a lot
Mother: Amy Matthews
Father: Alan Matthews
Siblings: Eric Matthews (brother), Cory Matthews (brother), and Joshua Matthews (brother)
Grandmothers: Bernice Matthews (paternal) and Nana Boo Boo (maternal)
Aunts: An unnamed paternal aunt
In-Laws: Topanga Lawrence-Matthews (sister-in-law)
Other: Riley Matthews (niece) and Auggie Matthews (nephew)
- Morgan was mostly there for comedic purposes for most of the show.
- Eric often called her Weasel, which was her nickname during seasons 1 and 2.
- Went on a very long timeout in the first half of season 3
- A few times, members of the Matthews family tried or willed her to be more like a boy (most notably Cory in "Wheels")
- Was nervous to sing at the talent show, but Alexandra Nechita convinced her to sing and she did well.
- Stayed behind in Philadelphia with Alan and Amy.
- Cory asked her to "take care of mom and dad."
|Cory Matthews • Shawn Hunter • Topanga Lawrence • Eric Matthews • Jack Hunter • Angela Moore • Rachel McGuire • George Feeny • Alan Matthews • Amy Matthews • Morgan Matthews • Jonathan Turner • Eli Williams • Stuart Minkus|