Jonathan Turner was Cory, Shawn, and Topanga's teacher at John Adams High. His authority was sometimes undermined of by George Feeny, due to the fact that he had new and fresh ways of dealing with students, as opposed to the conservative ways other teachers have used.
His apperance also suggested that he was a young man, which was strenghtened by the fact that Cory has mistaken him as Harley on his first day of high school. Turner's teaching methods were often questionable, but they have always brought desired results and taught the characters many valuable lessons.
In one episode, we learn that Jonathan's parents were rich, but he decided to run away in order to fulfill his dreams of becoming a teacher. Throughout the time he appears in the show, Turner develops a strong relationship with the main characters, particularly Shawn Hunter, who lives with him for a brief amount of time while his dad is away.
He was a credited as a regular during season 2-4, but he appeared only sporadically during season 4 and was credited with a guest appearance in the series finale, but appeared only via flashbacks. (His final real appearance was in Cult Fiction).
- Ran away from a rich life in Connecticut to be a teacher.
- Rides a motorcycle.
- Became a teacher at John Adams High at the beginning of season 2, where he was the homeroom teacher for Cory, Shawn, and Topanga.
- Housed Shawn when Shawn's mom ran away and his dad followed her.
- During this time, he developed a strong relationship with Shawn.
- Put off becoming Shawn's legal guardian, and Shawn's dad returned before he was forced into becoming it.
- Remained close to Shawn (and to a lesser extent, Cory) even after Shawn moved out.
- Was in a motorcycle accident in Cult Fiction. He didn't die, but was never seen again. His final words of the series were spoken to Shawn, "The Centre is filled with lost souls who have no belief system. Who are targets for some guy to bring over to his way of thinking. (Puts hands on Shawn shoulders poignantly) The Shawn Hunter that I know is one of the most unique individuals I’ve ever met. And if you let this place take away who you really are, Shawn, then you’ve made the worst judgment you can make. You made the judgment."
- Was mentioned near Graduation in season 5 by Minkus saying "Hey Mr. Turner wait up." and running after him in the hallway where if you go down you are never seen again.
- Often says "Are you kidding me?"
|Cory Matthews • Shawn Hunter • Topanga Lawrence • Eric Matthews • Jack Hunter • Angela Moore • Rachel McGuire • George Feeny • Alan Matthews • Amy Matthews • Morgan Matthews • Jonathan Turner • Eli Williams • Stuart Minkus|