|Season 1, Episode 1|
September 24, 1993
"Pilot" was the first episode of season one of Boy Meets World and the first of the overall series. It originally aired on September 24, 1993. The episode was written by series creators Michael Jacobs and April Kelly and directed by John Tracy.
SynopsisInstead of learning about Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, Cory Matthews listens to a ball game in class on his personal radio. He gets caught by Mr. Feeny, who gives him detention. While in detention, Cory learns a valuable lesson from Mr. Feeny. Meanwhile, Cory feels betrayed when his brother Eric decides to take a girl to a Phillies game instead of him.
- Ben Savage as Cory Matthews
- Will Friedle as Eric Matthews
- Rider Strong as Shawn Hunter
- William Daniels as George Feeny
- Betsy Randle as Amy Matthews
- Lily Nicksay as Morgan Matthews
- William Russ as Alan Matthews
- Feeny's classroom in this episode is different than the one he uses for the remainder of the season. However, since this episode is a pilot, it's understandable, since this classroom is real and the one used after this is a set.