|“|| Cory: Eric, the rave is cancelled.|
Cory: Mom and Dad know.
Eric: Mamma mia!
Cory: Look, they think the rave is a surprise party for them.
Eric: What are they, nuts?
Cory: I know. But it's their 20th anniversary, right? And they're expecting a party, so we gotta give them one.
|Season 3, Episode 8|
November 17, 1995
"Rave On" is the eighth episode of season three of Boy Meets World, and the 53rd episode overall. It first aired on November 17, 1995. The episode was written by Jeff Sherman and directed by David Trainer.
Eric wants to leave a legacy by the time he finishes high school, and he thinks that throwing a big party is the way to go about it. So, originally unbeknownst to Cory, he plans a wild rave at Chubbie's for one night later that week. At the same time, Amy and Alan are visited by an annoying acquaintance from England in preparation for their upcoming anniversary.
When Amy overhears Eric on the telephone, she mistakenly thinks that her sons are planning a surprise party for their parents. This immediately thwarts the boys' planned rave, and they are forced to turn it into an anniversary party in just a day. Thinking quickly, Eric decides to combine both events into one big party, and pray that his parents never discover the truth.
- Ben Savage as Cory Matthews
- Danielle Fishel as Topanga Lawrence
- Will Friedle as Eric Matthews
- Rider Strong as Shawn Hunter
- Anthony Tyler Quinn as Jonathan Turner
- William Daniels as George Feeny
- Betsy Randle as Amy Matthews
- William Russ as Alan Matthews
- In the first season, (Cory's sixth grade year,) Amy and Alan mention that they've been married for 18 years. In season 2, (Cory's seventh grade year), they celebrate their 17th anniversary. In season 3, (Cory's eight grade year) Cory and Eric throw them a party for their 20th anniversary.
- When Cory is in the high school hallway, he talks with Mr. Turner in order to invite him to his parents' anniversary party at Chubbie's. He tells Mr. Turner that the party is in six hours. Right after, he runs into Mr. Feeny and invites him to the party, telling him that it is at 8 o'clock that night. This would mean that it is currently 2 o'clock when Cory is talking to them. However, only moments later, Mr. Feeny runs into Reginald Fairfield and, trying to avoid having lunch with him, tells Reginald that he has a full morning of classes before lunch. This doesn't make sense as it is already 2 o'clock in the afternoon.
- After having to pay to $10 to get into the party Mr. Turner tells Cory that that there is a $10 cover for tomorrow's English class. However, the party is on Friday night, so there would be no school the next day.