Their first high school party is just a few days away, and Cory and Shawn are anxious to get their invitations. Cory is adamant that such an invite would put him on "The Cool List", and seal his fate in high school. He worries that he is not cool enough to be invited, but Shawn is. However, the tables seem to have been turned when Cory, not Shawn, is invited to the party. Little does Cory know that only "nerds and geeks" will be there. After a talk with Mr. Turner, Cory learns the true meaning of friendship.
- Mr. Turner: Hey, Matthews.
- Cory: Oh. Hey, Mr. Turner. What are you doing here?
- Mr. Turner: I wanted a cheeseburger, but the place turned into a mob scene.
- Cory: Yeah. I came by to find Shawn, but I guess he left.
- Mr. Turner: He's still here.
- Cory: Where?