|Season 2, Episode 12|
December 9, 1994
|“||The concept of a turnaround dance implies that all the other times, only the boys can do the asking. That's destructive, gender-biased thinking, and we have to get beyond that.||”|
"Turnaround" is the twelfth episode of season two of Boy Meets World, and the 34rd episode overall. It first aired on December 16, 1994. The episode was written by Jeff Menell and Michele Palermo and was directed by Micky Dolenz.
Once again, an upcoming event at school worries Cory about his image. At the "Turnaround Dance", it is the girls who ask the boys, while the boys sweat it out waiting. Cory thinks that whoever asks him out signifies where he stands. He wants a "cool girl" to ask him, but Ingrid, an unpopular classmate, asks him instead. Instead of rejecting her, he joins forces with Shawn and his more popular date to make Ingrid over. However, their plan backfires when Ingrid dumps Cory for a more popular boy.
- Ben Savage as Cory Matthews
- Danielle Fishel as Topanga Lawrence
- Will Friedle as Eric Matthews
- Rider Strong as Shawn Hunter
- Anthony Tyler Quinn as Jonathan Turner
- William Daniels as George Feeny
- Betsy Randle as Amy Matthews
- Lily Nicksay as Morgan Matthews
- William Russ as Alan Matthews